Florida Driver’s License and Suspension for Not Paying Child Support

If your child support case is being overseen by the Florida Department of Revenue (DOR) and you fall behind in paying your child support, DOR can ask the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Driver’s Licenses to suspend your driver’s licence under Florida Statute 409.2598. The family court can also do this in a case not monitored by DOR. You will receive a notice of intent to suspend and have 30 days to respond. Don’t let it drag. A petition must be filed to contest the suspension.¬†James S. Werter, Esquire, Boca Raton,Florida


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *